Have ideas or concerns? Contact:
OEA Covid Update NEW!! OEA Relief Funds Open
The OEA Relief Fund is funded by members’ contributions for the purposes of member support during strikes, school closures and lockouts, and natural disasters. While OEA has successfully advocated for members to continue to be paid during this unprecedented time of school closures and social distancing due to COVID-19, some membership categories have not had their salary kept whole.
This application is for OEA members that are classified members around the state or part-time faculty members of our community colleges who have lost salary due to layoff or reduction in hours as a result of COVID-19.
• Must be a member of OEA as of September 9th, 2020 (exceptions can be made for new hires)
• Must be either a classified staff (ESP) or community college part-time faculty
• Maximum request for funding is $1,000
• Funding requests must be due to COVID-19 loss of salary and must be in following categories: rent, mortgage, utility bills, food/sundries, medical expenses, childcare
• Application must include documentation substantiating the financial request and COVID-19 related salary loss
• Relief Fund check will be deposited electronically
• Receipt and any unused funds must be sent back to OEA within 30 days of receiving the check
• Application deadline is December 11th, 2020