Deadline October 31
LCCEA seeks statements from faculty members interested in serving as LCCEA appointees to:
Diversity Council, Finance Council, and Learning Council.
Diversity Council meets the third Friday of each month, 9-11 a.m.
Finance Council meets the first and third Thursday of each month, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Learning Council meets the second and fourth Friday of each month, 1:10-2:50 p.m.
For more information about Lane’s governance system and the work of each council, please see: https://www.lanecc.edu/governance
Responsibilities for LCCEA appointees to governance councils include:
- Attending (Diversity, Finance, or Learning) Council meetings;
- Contacting an LCCEA Officer to arrange for a substitute for meetings you cannot attend;
- Conferring with your LCCEA Officer liaison each month regarding issues arising in council;
- Providing suggestions for inclusion of items on LCCEA all-faculty surveys regarding governance council matters;
- Meeting with the LCCEA Officers should the need arise;
- Representing LCCEA and all faculty in decision making on governance council; and
- Providing a report to LCCEA Officers once per term.
For consideration, please submit a statement explaining your interest in and ability to serve as an LCCEA representative to one of the open Council positions. Please provide the statement of no more than two pages to email@example.com by Wednesday, October 31.