In an attempt to reach an agreement with the College before the end of the year, your LCCEA Bargaining Team made a new supposal yesterday, which the College accepted this afternoon. (See SignedTA12112018.)
The agreement is for the period of July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 and includes the following:
* 1.25% increase to all faculty salary schedules, retroactive to July 1, 2018
* Full steps for step-eligible part-time faculty as earned (Part-time faculty earn steps after teaching 21 credits rather than on an annual basis and have been receiving these, when earned, already this year.)
* 1/2 steps for step-eligible contracted faculty, retroactive to July 1, 2018; the second 1/2 step for step-eligible contracted faculty, effective Jan 1, 2019 (Step-eligible faculty are faculty members who were LCC faculty last year and who were not at the top of the salary schedule last year.)
* An additional 1/2 step added to the top of all faculty salary schedules, retroactive to July 1, creating a new step 14.5 for contracted faculty, a new step 15 for part-time faculty and a new step at the top for part-time flight tech faculty
* The same provisions for part-time flight tech faculty as for other part-time faculty
* A 5% increase to stipends for part-time head coaches
Please note — there were no changes to insurance language or faculty contributions for insurance because our current language remains in effect due to the fact that OEBB has maintained minimal insurance rate increases each year, and the premiums are still less than what they were 2015-16.
We believe this is a fair and equitable agreement. While step-eligible contracted faculty will not receive a full step for the full year, the second half step will be in effect for most of the year and will protect faculty salaries moving forward. We particularly appreciate the eminent reasonableness and collaborative spirit with which the College approached these last minute negotiations. We wholeheartedly recommend this agreement to the faculty for ratification.
The LCCEA will set up an electronic ratification vote, which will extend through the beginning of Winter term due to the fact that we are on winter break at present.
The LCCEA will also hold an information session about the T.A. and membership meeting during the first week of Winter term.
In addition, the Tentative Agreement will go to the LCC Board of Education for ratification, most likely in early January.
Assuming both parties ratify the Tentative Agreement, retroactive compensation will be processed shortly thereafter, exact date TBD, hopefully Jan 25.
Best wishes for a most wonderful winter break!
Your LCCEA Bargaining Team: