Board Signs Tentative Agreement
The Board of Education voted on Saturday February 3 to ratify the LCC-LCCEA Tentative Agreement reached for 2018-2019, so the contract for this academic year is now official!
Compensation is Being Processed
The payroll manager in HR has been diligently working on calculating retroactive and prospective salary adjustments and has provided the following information. “Pay changes (salary schedule adjustments/step increases for those step eligible) will reflect on the February 8th paycheck (1/16/19-1/31/19 payroll period). Retroactive compensation (7/1/18-7/15/18 pp through 1/1/19-1/15/19 pp) will reflect on the February 25th paycheck.”
Voluntary Separation Incentive
The College and Association have also reached agreement on a voluntary separation incentive for contracted faculty members. LCCEA-Vol-Sep-Incentive-2019Signed
The incentive provides:
* a one-time payment of $10,000 in addition to early retirement benefits outlined in Article 41 (if eligible)
* a choice between $10,000 and up to one year of employee-only medical insurance for those who are not eligible for early retirement benefits in Article 41
In order to be eligible, a faculty member must:
* be a current contracted faculty member
* be at least 55 years of age by June 30, 2019
* have been hired into a faculty position at LCC before January 2009 with at least seven years’ service as a contracted faculty member at LCC
* complete the voluntary separation form and submit to the Human Resources department by March 1, 2019 (Communication from HR with the form will be forthcoming.)
March for Our Students
OEA is sponsoring a “March for Our Students” in Salem on February 18 (President’s Day). More than 1,000 OEA members and have already signed up. Please see details attached and register online to join educators from across Oregon at this important event to advocate for increased funding for schools and community colleges at: bit.ly/RallyForStudents Please watch for additional information from the LCCEA Legislative Action Committee.