LCC Faculty Colleagues,
We’ve just been notified of this time change. Join us this Monday, November 18, for the board meeting from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. and wear red. For a free meal before the meeting, come to the cafeteria at 5:00 p.m. We will walk over to the board meeting together at 5:45 p.m.
The top 10 reasons to attend the board meeting are to:
10. Support the hard work of your Bargaining Team – Kelly Collins, Adrienne Mitchell, Russell Shitabata and Nancy Wood.
9. Get a free meal from Cafe’ Yumm before the meeting.
8. Show off your red t-shirts/outfits. There will be a prize for the best “dressed in red.”
7. Stand with a record number of faculty, classified staff and community members in packing the Board room.
6. Socialize with your colleagues and solve all the world’s other problems.
5. Take a break from the NFL because the football game will be a blow out anyway.
4. Celebrate National Vichyssoise Day!
3. Have a really good reason to hit the pause button on your grading.
2. Support pay equity for part-time faculty.
1. Observe the look on the faces of the Board Members when they receive special gifts.
Also, if you haven’t yet, please take a few moments to send a letter to the Board/President Hamilton. Here’s the link https://actionnetwork.org/letters/send-a-fair-faculty-contract-message-to-the-lcc-board
You will be asked to enter your email address, name, and address, but you can simply use 4000 E 30th Ave for the address (LCC’s address) if you would like.
You will have the option to send a pre-written message, and it only takes literally seconds to send, OR you can edit the subject line and message by clicking in the fields and typing a message.
In appreciation and solidarity,
Wendy Simmons & Lee Imonen, LCCEA Action Team Co-Chairs