LCC Faculty Colleagues,
LCCEA seeks statements from faculty members interested in serving as LCCEA appointees to:
Diversity Council, Finance Council, IEC (Institutional Effectiveness Committee), Learning Council, and Technology Council*
*Tech Council appointment is for Winter term interim.
Diversity Council meets the first Friday of each month, 9-11 a.m.
Finance Council meets the third Thursday of each month, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
For information on IEC, please see: https://www.lanecc.edu/pie/institutional-effectiveness-committee-iec The committee currently has a meeting schedule that varies.
Learning Council meets the second and fourth Friday of each month, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Technology Council meets the first and third Wednesday of each month, 3:00-4:30 (winter term appointment only)
Please note that LCC’s governance system is currently under review. For more information about Lane’s current system and the work of each council, please see: https://www.lanecc.edu/governance
Responsibilities for LCCEA appointees to governance councils include:
- Attending (Diversity, Finance, Learning, or Technology) Council meetings;
- Advocating for faculty interests on the governance council; and
- Providing an occasional report to LCCEA Exec Council.
For consideration, please submit a brief statement explaining your interest in and ability to serve as an LCCEA faculty representative to one of the open Council positions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 29.
LCCEA Officers have been elected by you and your fellow faculty. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
LCCEA Exec Council:
- President: Adrienne Mitchell, Academic Learning Skills, email@example.com
- VP at-Large: Russell Shitabata, Language, Lit. & Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP for Learning Advancement: Wendy Simmons, Health & P.E., email@example.com
- VP for Part-time Faculty: Nancy Wood, ESL/ABSE, firstname.lastname@example.org
- VP for Prof. Tech. Faculty: Christina Howard, Health Professions, email@example.com
- VP for Transfer Faculty: Lee Imonen, Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interim Secretary: Paula Thonney, Math, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Marge Helzer, Social Science, firstname.lastname@example.org