LCC Faculty Colleagues,
Your LCCEA Bargaining Team met with the College on Tuesday and again yesterday for bargaining regarding the impacts of SB551, new legislation and funding for part-time faculty healthcare.
Each party has made updated proposals (see below) that bring us closer to an agreement. Two additional bargaining sessions are scheduled for next week.
LCCEA presented a new proposal yesterday, which will:
- Generously meet college needs by providing 10% of savings for administrative implementation costs;
- Increase College contributions for part-time faculty selecting employee plus spouse/partner or children and full-family insurance to 90% and 95% of medical costs respectively;
- Modify eligibility language to ensure that PT faculty do not lose insurance only to qualify again during a subsequent term;
- Add one and a half compensated days to the contracted faculty work year, restoring 1.5 of the remaining furlough days that had become permanent with one day dedicated to assessment activities and one additional half day for class preparation;
- Add twelve hours of inservice/ meeting/workshop compensation for part-time faculty (four for PT faculty working in Fall and eight for PT faculty working in Winter) with eight of the hours reserved for use for assessment activities;
- Provide $40,000 to a fund for course curriculum development focused on on diversity, equity, and inclusion to be administered by Faculty Professional Development; and
- Establish a justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion faculty fellowship program which will add no less than two full-time temporary contracted positions each year with a pathway to permanency for fellowship faculty and expanded support for professional development and retention of faculty from historically underrepresented groups.
We look forward to reaching an agreement with the College before the end of next week, in time to ensure that the full $500,000-$700,000 will indeed be received from the new state fund.
Your LCCEA Bargaining Team: